This guide explains how to install Microsoft Visual Studio* 2015 instead of 2017 with your OpenVINO™ toolkit for Microsoft Windows* OS. You do not need to use this document if you chose to install Microsoft Visual Studio 2017.
For full OpenVINO instructions for Windows OS, see Installing the OpenVINO™ Toolkit for Windows* 10.
Installing Microsoft Visual Studio* 2015
NOTE: These steps are only required if you want to use Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 instead of Microsoft Visual Studio 2017.
Microsoft Visual Studio with Visual Studio C++ is required for building the Intel® Deep Learning Deployment Toolkit samples and demonstration applications. You can choose to install either the Professional or the free Community version of this software. These instructions show how to install the free Community version of Microsoft Visual Studio 2015.
NOTE: The full installation takes about 45 minutes.
To install Microsoft Visual Studio 2015:
- Go to the Visual Studio Dev Essentials page and sign in to your account or create an account if you do not have it. This step is essential to download older versions of the Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Go to the Download Older Visual Studio Software page.
- Expand the 2015 tab and click Download next to Visual Studio 2015 and other Products.
- You will be redirected to the Downloads page. Click Download next to the Visual Studio Community 2015 with Update 3.
- An executable file named
en_visual_studio_community_2015_with_update_3_x86_x64_web_installer_8922963.exe, or similar, is saved in your
- Double-click the file to install Visual Studio Community 2015 with Update 3.
- On the opened installation window, select the Custom option. Click Next.
- Expand the Programming Languages. A list of options displays.
- Expand the Visual C++ options.
- Click the Visual C++ box and the sub-component boxes until each Visual C++ displays a checkmark. You might need to click these boxes more than once.
- Make no other changes. Click Next. You will see an overview of the features that will be installed:
- Click Install.
- After the installation completes, click the option to restart your computer if you are prompted to do so. Otherwise, close the window and continue to the next section.
Install the Build Tools for Visual Studio 2015
The Microsoft Build Tools 2015 is the second part of the Microsoft Visual Studio dependency. You must complete this installation.
Go to Microsoft Build Tools 2015 download page.
- Click the Download button.
- An executable file named
BuildTools_Full.exe, or similar, is saved in your
- Double-click the file to install the Microsoft Build Tools 2015.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. This installation takes only a few seconds.
- When the installation completes, restart your computer if prompted to do so.
You have completed the Visual Studio 2015 installation.
Refer to the Installing the OpenVINO™ Toolkit for Windows* 10 to install your next dependency (CMake* or Python*) or if you have installed all the dependencies, configure the Model Optimizer.